Updated on Feb 23, 2023
An apartment living room with small spaces can pose a big problem to prevent you from making all of your dream designs come true. However, some ideas for a studio apartment living room decoration can make it larger and add more of your characteristics. Adria Workshop has gathered a collection of apartment living room decor ideas in this blog to inspire you.
Table of contents [Show]
- Apartment Living Room Decor Tips
19 Small Apartment Living Room Decor Ideas
- Exploit storage space under the bench
- Stick to a color scheme
- Embrace a multipurpose room
- Size down and build up
- Look to decor stores as inspiration
- Use color to define spaces
- Install a wall of books
- Be strategic with artwork
- Workaround building rules
- Convert a closet
- Match the sofa to the walls
- Mix patterns
- Add greenery
- Use enclosed storage
- Use sophisticated neutrals
- Nature-Inspired Organic Design with Airy Curtains
- Make Use of Lamps, Light, and Mirrors
- Classic, Beige, but Never Boring
- Nature Inspired: Black, White, Green, and Wood
- Open Floor Plan Definition
- How can I make my apartment look expensive?
- How can I make my plain apartment look nice?
Apartment Living Room Decor Tips
Design Tips for Small Spaces
With these space-saving hacks and maximizing small space apartment trickery, you can reverse the curse of the small space and turn yours into the home of your dreams.
- Pick the right paint color: Choose monochromatic light shades to make a narrow lodging appear larger.
- Use large rugs: Decorating with large rugs gives a sense of grandeur and the feeling of a larger room.
- Buy a giant mirror: An oversized mirror is an excellent way to expand your space's visual square footage and reflect natural light with this idea of apartment living room decor. The bigger, the better.
- Say yes to storage furniture: Too many small pieces can make it feel cluttered. Therefore, whenever shopping for furniture for your bitty space, always look for details with hidden storage.
- Prioritize multi-use furniture pieces: There is no shortage of ingenious furniture items that either serve multi-purpose uses or fold up to make space in your studio flat when they’re not in use.
19 Small Apartment Living Room Decor Ideas
Exploit storage space under the bench
Adding baskets is one of the best storage decor ideas for an apartment living room. Not only do these handy organizers provide extra storage, but they also come in a variety of styles, sizes, and materials, allowing you to integrate storage into your apartment living room decor easily.
Stick to a color scheme
Using unrelated colors in adjacent rooms can make the apartment living room decor feel disjointed, whereas colors that relate to each other draw the eye from one room to the next and create visual continuity.
Embrace a multipurpose room
You desire a separate dining room, living room, or breakfast nook but lack the necessary space. This is one of the most appropriate small apartment living room ideas for you. You can turn your living room into a mini rental flat with your own kitchen using an open floor plan.
Size down and build up
With an apartment with high ceilings and monumental windows, you can install high shelves, tall mirrors, or curtains to create the illusion of a bigger space. Besides, you can also use the smaller size for your furniture to make this space look larger and more spacious.
Look to decor stores as inspiration
Use color to define spaces
Use this technique to create ‘zones’ or to add a pop of color & dimension to your room.
Install a wall of books
Be strategic with artwork
One of the best ideas for apartment living room decor is selecting one large statement piece to be the focal point of the design. Hanging a big, bold piece in a prominent place above the sofa is a great way to add character to your small apartment.
Workaround building rules
If you’re living in a rental apartment, you must follow the building rules when decorating it. One of the easiest ways to make your apartment living room decor more unique is using wallpaper.
See more: How To Decorate A Rental Apartment On a Budget
Convert a closet
If you don’t have many clothes or other spots to store your wardrobe, a small closet can be repurposed into a bevy of clever things, such as a bar station. Besides helping you to reduce the furniture’s cost, this idea is also one of the best modern small living room ideas.
Match the sofa to the walls
Painting your walls the same color as your furniture, but using a darker or lighter shade, is a great way to pull a room together. For example, if you had a navy-blue couch, you could paint your walls a pale blue; it would look very coordinated while not being all one shade.
The key to this idea is blending simple and complex patterns. If you want an intricate design in your living room, pair it with a simple way that can provide variation and contrast without detracting from the aesthetic.
Use enclosed storage
The main goal of any small living space is to maximize the use of every available space. In this example of apartment living room decor, everything that is a mess is perfectly tucked behind closed cabinet doors with this enclosed storage.
Use sophisticated neutrals
This apartment living room uses beige, gray, and white tones as a base palette, which contrasts muted pops of color and earthy greenery. Adding a tall indoor tree next to the dark armchair is a fun surprise in this apartment living room decor.
Nature-Inspired Organic Design with Airy Curtains
Make Use of Lamps, Light, and Mirrors
Everyone knows that a mirror can make a room appear larger than it is, but lamps and lighting can do the same. The lack of light from the ceiling sometimes casts dark shadows in the corners of your apartment, making it appear smaller. Make clever use of mirrors, lamps, and lighting as one of the ideas for more extensive and brighter apartment living room decor.
Classic, Beige, but Never Boring
Crisp white and soft beige with metallic trim are timeless colors that will never go out of style. However, keep the rest simple if you use these colors as a focal point in your apartment living room decor.
Nature Inspired: Black, White, Green, and Wood
Let nature refresh your home. Look at how well the white, black, green, and wood hues work together in this two-bedroom apartment interior design. Everything meshes perfectly.
Open Floor Plan Definition
The term "open-plan layout" refers to any interior design that utilizes large, open spaces while minimizing the use of small, enclosed rooms by removing walls. Without walls, open floor plans create the illusion of more space, and they are a highly recommended solution for making large apartment living room ideas on a budget.
How can I make my apartment look expensive?
According to interior designers, here are some tips for decorating your house to look more expensive.
1. Decorate your windows with long, wide curtains.
2. Add more house plants and beautiful flowers.
3. Use scented candles to create a pleasant scent.
4. Invest in throw pillows with various fabrics or materials.
5. Get large rugs to tighten the room together.
6. Upgrade the wallpapers.
7. Add oversized art.
8. Choose your lighting.
How can I make my plain apartment look nice?
Here are some easy ways to add a little character to your plain apartment.
1. Repaint your wall with carefully chosen colors.
2. Pick a statement piece.
3. Layer your lighting.
4. Make a gallery wall with pictures.
5. Fill your space with indoor plants.
6. Decorate with books and magazines.
7. Pick out furniture with plenty of hidden space.
This blog lets you pick up your favorite apartment living room decor idea. And if you have any wonder or need more information, let’s check out Adria Workshop’s blog.